Mold Remediation Photo Gallery

Mold in Spokane home

Mold in Spokane Home

Removing mold and mildew from wood cabinets, wood paneling and wood furniture should be treated on a “type of wood” basis.  Wood is especially susceptible to mold growth as it is an organic material.  Molds main function is to breakdown organic material (think of fungi or mushrooms growing on wet leaves or fallen logs).

The more porous or softer the wood, the greater the chance that mold will infect deeper into the wood.  Furniture, wood paneling or cabinets that have a shellac, paint or finish will certainly add an extra barrier, but don’t be fooled.  Mold left on long enough can eat its way through pretty much everything. In a circumstance such as the one presented in the photo, SERVPRO of Spokane County would remove and dispose of all affected materials.

Roof Leak Causes Significant Mold in Spokane Home

A leak in the roof was the cause for this significant mold growth & damage. If you have mold like this in your home, you need to get it professionally taken care of as soon as possible for both the personal health of you and your loved ones, but also for the health of your home. If you have black mold covering a large area (greater than ten square feet) or mold growing in your heating and ventilation ducts, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends hiring a professional contractor to perform the cleanup. If you do decide to hire a professional contractor, the EPA also recommends that you make sure the contractor has experience cleaning up mold. 

Mold behind sheet rock in walls

Mold Remediation in Spokane, WA

A horrific amount of mold was found in a vacant home in Spokane - SERVPRO of Spokane County was able to help and restored the home "Like it never even happened."

Northwest Spokane Mold and Water Damage

The leak in the roof resulted in significant water and mold damage to the walls, cabinets (all removed) and flooring in this Northwest Spokane home. Our next step is to demo the mold infested walls safely and dry out and spray an antimicrobial chemical to sanitize this kitchen. There still is work to be done here. We can rebuild this entire cooking area.